Here is yet another little red house.
Let's talk about my family. This is Aunt Marie. You might remember her from my last blog. She is my Farfar's (grandpa or "dad's dad"s) sister. (So, really my great aunt.)
My middle name is Marie, and I'm named after her.
Last time I went to Sweden this is what I looked like. (I was so cute and adorable.) I was only four.
Here is a picture of Aunt Marie and her family last time I came. In the back row, left to right are my cousin Johannes, my Uncle H.G. Bottom row is my cousin Alexander, Aunt Marie, my great grandma (Farfarsmor) and my cousin Sebastian.
Now this time we visited....I feel short! Left to right on back row is Sebastian, Alexander, and Johannes. (And me and Kieran in the front row. I am 5'5" so you can guess how tall the boys are...yep, tall.)
Speedo again.
This is how he looked last time. (Cute and adorable - both of us.)
Still cute and adorable!
Last time Farfar (my grandpa) and Farfarsmor (his mom, my great grandma) were with us.
This time we had to go see Farfarsmor (and Farfarsfar - my great grandpa) in the cemetery.
And even though Farfar (Grandpa) was at home in Salt Lake City, he was in the newspaper in Sweden! How weird is that?
One morning we were just looking at the newspaper and we were like, "Hey! Look! There's Farfar!" (He is world famous in Sweden because he was a super awesome high jumper "back in the day.") It was an article about "looking back" in sports.
Treeeeeees.
Kieran with treeeeees.
Flowerrrrrssssss.
The ocean of treeeeeeees that can be seen from the top of the mountain by Aunt Marie's house.
Cool moss on the roooooocks.
Flowwwwweeerrrs.
Hammmmmmmock.
This is a game called Kubb (say it Koooooob.) In a nutshell, the object of the game is to knock down wooden sticks with other, longer wooden sticks by throwing them.
Yay!
Ooohhhh......
I almost got that one!
Ahhhhhhhhhh!
Another thing Kieran did for fun was play Legos.
Well, here's a barn full of Legos...That you can come and play with...Whenever...For free...Some guy who won the Swedish "Survivor" show just wanted to open up a barn with Legos. I don't know why. But we went there.
He also had toy boats. I don't know why.
But we played with them. Thanks, Lego Swedish Survivor Dude!
We learned something new and bizarre about Christmas in Sweden. We thought we knew all the Swedish Christmas traditions, because we do a lot of them. But this we had never heard of. They watch Donald Duck at 3:00 every Christmas Eve. Everyone does it. Seriously. At 3:00 PM. We asked people all around. They said, "Yes. We do that." Weird.
Some playground at the beach.
This is Boda Borg. (In case you can't read.) It means "Boda Fortress." (Meaning roughly, Fortress of Boda.) I do not know who Boda is. Maybe Yoda's brother?
Basically it's a bunker inside of a cave inside of a mountain that has been turned into a Fortress of Boda. What is a Fortress of Boda, you may ask? Well, that is what this guy explained to us. (Luckily, he spoke English pretty well.)
We are now standing in front of 16 different signs. Each one points in the direction of one "Quest." A Quest is made up of three different rooms that you have to go through and pass a combination of physical and mental challenges in a time limit. When you get in, you have no idea what you have to do. There are no instructions (even if there were, we wouldn't understand them because they would be in Swedish). Even if you pass the first room, if you don't pass the second room, you have to start from the beginning again. Make sure to watch for clues in previous rooms. If you don't, you will most likely fail the other rooms. Each room must be completed by a team of at least 4-5 people. They are impossible to do alone, or even with 2-3 people. On our team we had me, Kieran, Mom, Dad, and Alexander (who had been there before several years earlier and helped us out a lot!)
We completed twelve of the sixteen quests. It was super fun! Join me next time at Fortress of Boda.
***Thank you to Uncle H.G. for some of the pictures on this blog***


































No comments:
Post a Comment