Germany is very, very different than Texas. Some things in a good way and some things in a wierd way.
The good things:
*Nice weather (real Autumn leaves and no air conditioning needed.) Like really, there is not an air conditioning in our house. Or any house. You just open your window if you are hot.
*Really good gummi bears. Gummi things....Chocolate...etc., etc.
*Chocolate.
*Grass actually grows without sprinkler system (no water restrictions).
*My dad gets to drive really fast on the Autobahn.
*German playgrounds are WAY cooler than American playgrounds (probably more dangerous, too.)
The wierd things:
*They don't give you ice in your drinks.
*They give you really small drinks.
*McDonald's is not "fast food." It's really slow and always crowded.
*The German "Home Depot" wanna-be store called "OBI" has a giant orange beaver for a mascot.
The middle school I go to is about five minutes by foot from my house. It is also connected to the elementary school by one hallway. We are the Netzaberg Knights. I go to three after school clubs: Drama Club, Video Production Club, and Art Club.
At first our house was a complete disaster while we were unpacking, but after two months it's pulled together and organized. I redecorated my room and now I have lots and lots of green (indluding a little white couch with green pillows.)
Here are some pictures of my new room:
That's all for now! Subscribe to my blog and I'll send you an email every time I update! (Just scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and enter your email address!) We have some interesting places to go and things to see! I promise it won't be boring!
-Maya
Nice job, Maya! :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks great, Maya! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in Germany! Love, Rebecca
ReplyDelete